If you spend time in the kitchen, you know full well how convenient it is to cook with the help of tools and equipment. There are many things you can do with the basics but you get things done faster and better when you use tools and equipment. Fortunately, there are a lot of these tools and equipment available in the market today, one of which is the Vitamix CIA Professional Series blender.
Vitamix has been in business since 1921, a well-recognized brand in the US with a solid reputation for household and commercial appliances. With operations in over 80 countries in the world, Vitamix is a leader in the industry, offering only high-quality blending equipment made from the finest premium materials. As a result, the brand is the most trusted by major chain restaurants and professional chefs to help them in transforming even the simplest ingredients into masterful dishes.
Not only does Vitamix offer highest quality blending equipment, they are one of very few blender companies that treats their customers like gold. They have been a Better Business Bureau member since 1976, while maintaining an excellent A+ rating. Vitamix also manufactures their blenders in the United States. Just another reason you should stand behind this great company, and feel good about buying their product.
The Vitamix CIA Professional Series is a collaboration between two giants in their respective fields: Vitamix and the Culinary Institute of America (CIA). Working with the best engineers and using only top-grade materials, Vitamix and CIA came up with the only blender that the culinary institute trusts to train its students. The CIA was founded in 1946 as a non-profit academic institution for higher learning in the field of culinary arts. Boasting of having the largest number of Certified Master Chefs by the American Culinary Federation, the CIA offers associate and bachelor culinary training programs and recreational courses for non-professionals to enjoy.
The Vitamix CIA Professional Series blender is a counter top blender fitted with laser-cut stainless-steel blades. With a 2+ peak HP motor in places, blade speeds go as high as 240 MPH. Durable and available with variable speed control, the Vitamix CIA Professional Series blender features a 64-ounce jar with a spill-proof vented lid with plug and a soft-grip ergonomic handle and includes recipe books and an instructional DVD with every purchase.
You get a choice of few colors when picking out the Vitamix CIA blender for your kitchen. You get to select between Brushed Stainless, Onyx, Platinum, or my favorite Ruby. Look around your kitchen, find a perfect spot for your new blender and have it match the atmosphere of that area!
Do you enjoy making smoothies at home? I found that this particular blender really does make the best tasting smoothies by far when compared to its competitors.
Having a Vitamix CIA blender in your kitchen is very similar to having a high performance vehicle in your garage. It will cost you a hefty price, but the performance and luxury of the blender is pure bliss. You WILL make your friends and relatives jealous of your new appliance!
Some of the good things that consumers before you have to say about the Vitamix CIA Professional Series blender include:
- A unit robust in design, with all connections to the base from the container made out of metal.
- Three-inch blades that can go as fast as 240 mph to practically shred anything, made out of stainless-steel so no worries about rust in the long run.
- Cooling fan in place alongside the thermal protection system ensures that the Vitamix CIA Professional Series blender does not overheat no matter how long you use it. The cooling fan also keeps up with the speed of the blender blades so proportional cooling is provided depending on how hard the motor is running. And should there be a risk of burnout, the blender shuts down automatically to prevent mishaps in the kitchen.
- Variable speed control lets you set the blade speed to process ingredients at the speed you want, letting you achieve whatever kind of texture you want with your food and beverage.
- Large-capacity container can accommodate up to 64 ounces of ingredients. However, the blender works perfectly no matter how much you process, going from six ounces to 64 without any trouble.
- As for the lid, it’s designed to be spill-proof yet has space for a vent with a removable plug so ingredients can be safely added even though the blender is being used.
- This blender also comes with a tamper to make it easier to stir chunkier mixtures where no liquids can be added to assist the flow, such as when you’re making homemade peanut butter. The tamper also comes with a special collar so it slips securely into the container without hitting the blades.
- Very durable handle lets you carry up to 64 ounces of food, sturdy enough to hold and soft enough to be comfortable to use.
- Different colors available allows you to choose whatever will work best with your kitchen while the glossy mirror-like finish gives it a more modern touch, making it an easy but stylish addition to any home.
- Cleaning is a breeze because there are no parts to remove. To clean the blender, simply add a drop of dish washing detergent inside the container with some warm water and run it on high for around 45 seconds. Just rinse afterwards with lukewarm water and allow to dry.
- Warranty for the Vitamix CIA Professional Series blender is valid for seven years. Seven years is a long time and a lot of meals and beverages would’ve been made in that time. This just goes to show how much Vitamix believes in its product to offer such a long warranty period. Should a defect be irreparable, either a refund or a replacement will be offered. The customer is free to choose what they wish to avail of.
- Should repairs or replacements be requested, Vitamix pays for two-way shipping charges incurred. No need to worry about shipping costs then because Vitamix has you covered should your Professional Series blender conk out.
- No doubt, the best smoothie blender you could buy.
- A purchase of the Vitamix CIA Professional Series blender already comes with recipe books to help anyone get started. However, more recipes are available online through the Vitamix site, many of which are created by professionals so you can whip up restaurant-style food items in the comforts of your home. All recipes are also guaranteed to be healthy so you’re not only getting access to splendid recipes but recipes that will be good for you and your family as well.
Though impressive, the Vitamix blender is not without its faults. Some of the negative comments about it include:
- The blender can be quite loud when used at higher speed settings. Fortunately, it does quick work of processing food so you only have to deal with the noise for a few seconds.
- The blender is fairly expensive, if you’re looking at a blender under $200 range, browse our other blender reviews.
- Cannot be used with a dishwasher.
- A certain queue has to be followed in order to let the blender work properly. Liquids and soft ingredients come first and then harder food items can be added. If you’re using ice for concocting beverages, they have to be added last. If harder ingredients are used without liquids, you’d have to run the blender on a low speed setting first before using a higher one to finish the job. Disrupting the order can lead to slower blending times or you failing to achieve the texture you want.
- Because of the myriad of functions it can do, the Vitamix CIA Professional Series blender can replace most food processors in the market today. However, it does lag behind a bit when it comes to chopping up large amounts of solid food. Ingredients have to be cut up into smaller pieces to help the blender ease into processing the food. It’s nothing big but it can add to the steps you have to go through to prepare a meal, steps you wish to minimize in the first place that’s why you got a blender.
Is it for you?
The Vitamix CIA Professional Series blender is anyone looking to chop, blend, churn, cream, grind, and mix in the kitchen. While solidly built to withstand the abuse that professionals put their equipment through, it is also very easy to use, simple enough to operate for an ordinary individual interested in whipping up something in the kitchen. Vitamix alone has a reputation for creating kitchen appliances you can trust but add the CIA mark and you’ve got two big names in their respective industries backing up this blender.
If the professionals trust it in preparing their meals, then you sure can do the same too with the Vitamix CIA Professional Series blender. It’s a bit on the expensive end though so this blender might turn off those looking for quality blenders on a budget. However, if you can afford it, this Vitamix-CIA blender will definitely be worth every penny you spend because it can do everything you need it to and it will last you years and years of activity in the kitchen.
Where to buy
The Vitamix CIA Professional Series blender is available both online and through many Vitamix distributors in the market. As such, you can just choose whatever method will be more convenient for you. Many choose to buy online though because it’s easier. Like many things you can buy online, you can get your hands on a Vitamix CIA blender any time of the day without even stepping outside of your home. Payment options also offer a great deal of security so you don’t have to worry about the safety of your transactions. Not to mention that wherever you are in the world you can make a purchase online and your Vitamix CIA Professional Series blender will be delivered right on your doorstep. Buying online is available through the Vitamix site directly or through other re-sellers.